- Ph.D, Electrical Engineering, University of Washington,
Seattle, WA, October 2007.
- Thesis: Foreground Segmentation in Images and Video:
Methods, Systems and Applications.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University,
Beijing, China. January 2003. (with honor)
- B.E. in Automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
July 2000. (with honor)
Image and video processing,
advanced computer vision and graphics techniques for better visual
experience and user interface.
- Senior Researcher, Creative Technologies Lab,
Adobe Systems, Seattle, 2/2010 ~ present
- Researcher, Creative Technologies Lab,
Adobe Systems, Seattle, 11/2007 ~ 1/2010
- Research Assistant, University of
Washington, Seattle, 10/2003 ~ 10/2007
- Research Intern at Microsoft
Research, Redmond, Summer 2004, 2005, 2006
- Research Intern at Microsoft Research Asia,
07/2002 ~ 09/2003
- Research Assistant at State Key Laboratory
of Intelligent Technique and Systems, Tsinghua University,
Beijing, China. 09/2000 ~ 12/2002
The Visual Computer
Journal of Computer Games Technology
Program Committee: Pacific Graphics
2013, EGSR 2013,
Reviewer for ACM Trans. Graphics, IEEE Trans. PAMI, IEEE Trans.
Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, IEEE Trans. Image
Processing, The Visual Computer, Pattern Recognition Letters,
Graphical Models, Signal Processing: Image Communication, Computer
Graphics Forum, major graphics and vision conferences such as ACM
SIGGRAPH, IEEE ICCV, CVPR, ECCV.
Senior member of IEEE. Member of Sigma Xi, ACM.
- Microsoft Research Fellowship, 2006-2007
- Yang Research Award, Department of Electrical Engineering,
University of Washington, 2006
- Chair’s Award, Department of Electrical Engineering,
University of Washington, 2006.
- Nominated for Outstanding Research Assistant, EE department,
Univ. Washington, 2003, 2004
- Outstanding Master Thesis Award, Tsinghua University, 2003
- Tsinghua-Rockwell Automation Scholarship, 2002
- Tsinghua University Outstanding Graduate Student
- Tsinghua University Excellent Student Scholarship. 1996-2000
- First-rank prize in China National High School Physics
- Methods and Apparatus for Facial Feature Replacement . US
patent 8,457,442, 2013.
- Removing Motion Blur from Unaligned Multiple Blurred Images.
US patent 8,411,980, 2013.
- Automatic Generation of Skin Tone Mask for Content
Preserving. US patent 8,406,482, 2013.
- Methods and Apparatus for Chatter Reduction in Video Object
Segmentation Using a Variable Bandwidth Search Region. US patent
- System and method for interactive image-noise separation. US
patent 8,374,457, 2013.
- Selecting and Applying a Color Range in an Image Mask. US
patent 8,385,634, 2013.
- Color Decontamination for Image Compositing. US patent
- Method and Apparatus for Generating Variable-Width Border
Masks. US patent 8391594, 2013.
- Location-weighted color masking. US patent 8340406.
- Seam-Based Reduction and Expansion of Images With
Color-Weighted Priority. US patent 8290300.
- Method and Apparatus for Applying Gaussian Mixture Models to
Local Image Patches Using an Adaptive Color Lookup Table. US
- Automatic Video Image Segmentation. US Patent
- A Discriminative Matting algorithm for creating accurate and
soft foreground mask in complex images. US Patent
- Learning-based system and process for synthesizing cursive handwriting. US Patent 7227993.
- Stylization of video. US Patent
- System and method for image and video segmentation by anisotropic kernel mean shift. US Patent 7397948.
- Automated face enhancement. US Patent 7634108.
- A system and method for very low frame rate video streaming for face-to-face video conferencing. US Patent
- System and method for eye-tracking and blink detection. US Patent
- A system and method for very low frame rate teleconferencing employing image cropping and morphing.
US Patent 7659920.
- Geoffery/Libin Sun,
Brown University, 2012
- Yiming Liu,
Princeton University, 2012
Zhong, Rutgers University, 2012
- HyunJoon Lee, POSTECH, 2012
- Fei Yang, Rutgers University, 2010, 2011
- Hojin Cho, POSTECH, 2011
- Eric Kee, Dartmouth College, 2010
- Sunghyun Cho, POSTECH, 2010
- Shulin Yang, University of Washington, 2010
- Joseph Lim, MIT, 2010
- Suporn Pongnumkul, University of Washington, 2008, 2009
- Jia Chen, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2009
- Jiawen Chen, MIT, 2009
- Feng Liu, University of Wisconsin, 2009
- Xue Bai, University of Minnesota, 2008, 2009